Re: st: Bivariable and multivariable log regression analysis

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bivariable and multivariable log regression analysis
Date   Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:18:49 +0000 (GMT)

--- Ziad El-Khatib <[email protected]> wrote:
> i am trying to analyze the bi- and multi-variable log regression of
> risk factors to have viral failure (0: <400; 1. >400) using different
> variables, for example (0.adherence;1.non-adherent) etc..

The problem with your terminology is that bivariable or multivariable
regression could mean multiple explanatory variables (x's) or multiple
explained varianbles (y's). Log regression could mean logs of the
explained or explanatory variables.  I assumed you meant a single
explained variable which is logged and multeple expalantory variables.

This still leaves the familiar problem of how to deal with -ln(0)-.
short answer: there is no satisfactory answer to that problem.
long answer: search the statalist archive.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081