Re: st: Variance estimation with clusters

Subject   Re: st: Variance estimation with clusters
Date   Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:16:54 -0500

Maury Gittleman <[email protected]>:
Just clustering on establishment is probably sufficient.

You can also specify two levels of clustering with -svyset- e.g.

webuse stage5a
svyset su1 [pweight=pw], fpc(fpc1) || su2

where su1 is your establishment id, fpc1 the number of distinct
employees in both years, and su2 is a person id.

Usually the second level of clustering is largely irrelevant.  But not always...

svyset su1 [pweight=pw], fpc(fpc1) strat(strat)
svy: reg yreg x?
est sto c1lev
svyset su1 [pw=pw], fpc(fpc1) str(str) || su2, fpc(fpc2)
svy: reg yreg x?
est sto c2lev
esttab *, mti