Re: st: -collapse- and -merge-

Subject   Re: st: -collapse- and -merge-
Date   Sat, 3 Nov 2007 12:18:59 -0400

Philipp Rehm <[email protected]>:

This seems to be the desirable outcome.  If you specify a merge
matched on a variable with missing values, you expect the missing
values to be matched.  If you specify uniqusing in your example, it
should not change the behavior since there is only one missing value
in the using file.  If you want missing values not to be merged, and
you have only one type of missing in both files, you can redefine one
or both of them so they no longer match, e.g.
 replace id=.a if id==.
or drop the obs with missing ids, but this is a choice you should
make, not -merge-.