Re: Re: st: SV: -spineplot- available from SSC

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: SV: -spineplot- available from SSC
Date   Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:02:09 +0000

Second thoughts: I've come to see that I want this myself.
So, it will be done.

A not yet public version allows -aweights- as well as -fweights-.
All public versions of -spineplot- use -contract- and echo
its restriction to -fweight-s. This is ironic, or something, because
I once tried and failed to persuade StataCorp to generalise
-contract- mildly to allow -aweight-s, which I now see I should
have incorporated at the outset. Anyway, -spineplot- no longer calls
-contract-. That change makes this one much easier.

More in due course.

n j cox
Thank you for your interest. I can see why you want
to do this, but the idea at first sight is a little problematic.

Peter Jepsen
Thank you, Nick et al. I've got a feature request! I find that I want to
add text to some of the squares, preferably in the middle. I was hoping
that I could modify the code myself to superimpose a scatterplot with
-mlabel(mytextvar)- and -mlabpos(0)- but I can't get the coordinates for
the centres of the squares. I can see from the ado-code that the centre
on the x-axis ("xmid") is computed, but I don't know how to get the
"ymid". So, I kindly as you to consider adding this feature.