Re: st: from stata to SAS

Subject   Re: st: from stata to SAS
Date   Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:06:31 -0400

Using Excel as an intermediary format seems like a poor choice unless you need the .xls format file for some reason. More to the point, -findit save sas- turns up several entries including -fdasave- for SAS XPT format as well as -savasas- ado and an faq from UCLA's web site. You should try the built-in help of Stata before asking the list.

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "juzhi wang" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: st: from stata to SAS

I have listened to Rodrigo's advice. And I did export my stata file into excel. But one of the data file has too many variables and I am not allowed to do completely transfer ( I guess the number of variables has exceeded the Excel limit). Only about half of the varialbes have been transfered. Could anybody give me further advice?

Thanks,