Re: RE: st: Appending several excel data sets into one

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: RE: st: Appending several excel data sets into one
Date   Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:52:39 +0100

In a lively thread, Sergiy Radyakin said (among many other things)

"(feels like having to buy .ado files -- something unheard of)"

This is not unheard of at all. Setting aside the .ados bought from
StataCorp, various people have from time to time tried to sell
access to their .ado files and/or offer Stata consultancy for
payment. This may not be obvious on brief acquaintance with
Statalist, but it has happened and continues to happen.

Naturally what is obvious is that the user community does
share .ado files freely, except for all those that are hidden. It
would be interesting to see what would happen if someone
offered something of widespread interest -- say -gllamm-,
done 1000 times faster -- but only if money was received.

(I'll fend off a few possible queries to say that this
is _not_ on my part a veiled offer of Stata consultancy
for payment.)