st: RE: Appending several excel data sets into one

From   "JP Azevedo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Appending several excel data sets into one
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:51:08 -0300

Is you have StatTransfer you should be able to select which sheet from the
excel file you would like to read, you can then append all of them using
Stata. If the names are standarized you can do all of that using a looping.
Cheers,
JP

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Patrick Musonda
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 4:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Appending several excel data sets into one

Dear Stata List,

I am working on a project where we get excel data that has several sheets,
for example:

data.xls-sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, etc
data.xls-sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, etc
data.xls-sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, etc
.
.
.
datan.xls-sheetn1, sheetn2, sheetn3, etc

We have several of such data sets, over n=200, say. Of these excel data
sets, we are only interested in one sheet, say sheet2. How can one append
these several sheet2s in one stata data sets in a simple program short of
coping one at a time and then appending them?

Your help will be highly appreciated,

Best wishes,

Patrick.

The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk