st: decomposition of Theil inequality measures

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: decomposition of Theil inequality measures
Date   Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:12:12 +0100

Good evening,

I am trying to calculate Theil's inequality indices for survey data and
I have browsed the list of user written ado's listed under "findit
inequality" and "search inequality". However, none of these commands
seems to allow to break down the Theil into its between- and
within-group components. Would anyone know commands that allow to do
this? (I would be interested in breakdowns by urban / rural strata as
well as by geographic/political regions) Please note that I am working
on simple cross sections for the time being. This means that most ado's
written for sectoral decompositions of growth-inequality linkages do not
apply to my case

Many thanks!

Best regards

Borge Wietzke