Re: st: predictions - thanks for your help!

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: predictions - thanks for your help!
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:33:44 +0200

Thank you Austin and Mike - your comments are very helpful! I am still
experimenting, I will post my final solution,

regards
Johannes

----------------------
Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut f�r Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Graduate Center
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstra�e 58
10117 Berlin
Tel: +49-30-89789-258

Mike Lacy <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
08/09/2007 19:52
Bitte antworten an
[email protected]

An
[email protected]
Kopie

Thema
Re: st: predictions

 >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:03:27 +0200
 >From: Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
 >Subject: st: predictions
 >
 >Dear all,
 >
 >I would like to estimate a linear model with several interactions:
 >
 >reg y age age2 age3 age4 x1 x2 x3 x4 age*x1 age*x2 .... age4*x3 age4*x4
 >
 >Then I would like to compare results for different x, i.e. I have four
 >groups (and a base category) and they may differ in their
age-profile. >So far I used Excel to calculate different profiles but
I it is very
 >cumbersomely... That is why I am looking for a more convenient
 >post-estimation command. (I think the spost package does
something >similar for categorical variables.) ..... <snip, snip>

In general, the -spost- routines *do* work for continuous variable models.

Quoting from the documentation for -prtab-:
"After estimating a regression model, prtab presents a one- to
four-way table of the predicted values (probabilities, rate) for
different combinations of values of independent variable. The command
works with cloglog, cnreg, [...], regress, [...]
."

Regards,

Mike Lacy
Fort Collins CO USA