Re: st: Temporal desagregation

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Temporal desagregation
Date   Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:35:32 +0100 (BST)

--- Sebastian Kruk <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a yearly gross product data and I would like to transform to
> montly data.
>
> Is there a program to do it?

Strictly speaking: no, you cannot know the monthly gross product if you
have only yearly data. Where would that information come from? Stata
can only analyse the data you have given it, it cannot create new data.

You can of course replicate the yearly estimate 12 times and call it
monthly data, or interpolate. Is that what you mean?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081