Re: st: tempfile already exists

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tempfile already exists
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:16:02 -0400

I would also like to thank Mr Gould for the detailed explanation. I
still can not pinpoint the problem. The tempfiles are created inside
one procedure and passed to a subroutine which is to read them
(datasets and sersets are saved). After that the main program
continues. This should be an allowed way of handling the tempfiles.
After ",replace" was added the program continues to work as expected,
so I guess the main reason was that Stata has shut down several times
abnormally before that and some files left in the temp directory.
Anyways, I would think that checking if a file exists before returning
it as a candidate might be an improvement in reliability without a
major loss in compatibility (unless someone objects).

2Jeph: base34: 0,1,2,3....9,a,b,c,....x

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin