RE:st: multiple lorenz curves with glcurve

From   "philippe van kerm" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE:st: multiple lorenz curves with glcurve
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:45:08 +0200

>Dear Statalisters,

<SNIP>

>Now I'd like to compare the three Lorenz Curves for income, inc2  &
inc3. I'm using the following code:

>* CODE STARTS AGAIN ***
>
>glcurve income,gl(g1) p(p1) nograph
>glcurve inc2,gl(g2) p(p2) nograph
>glcurve inc3,gl(g3) p(p3) nograph
>twoway (line g1 p1) (line g2 p2) (line g3 p3)
>
>*** END CODE ***
>

>When I use this code, I get the cumulative population on the x-axis but
it looks
>like I'm getting actual income (rather than cumulative) on the y-axis.

Reza,

What you see are the *generalized* Lorenz curves. Use to option -lorenz-
to get Lorenz curves:

glcurve income,gl(g1) p(p1) nograph lorenz
glcurve inc2,gl(g2) p(p2) nograph lorenz
glcurve inc3,gl(g3) p(p3) nograph lorenz

> My question is: (1) How do I change this to plot the three measures
simulataneously?
>(2) How do I include the 45 degree line on the graph?

Use -twoway function- to get the 45 degree line

	twoway (line g1 p1, sort) (line g2 p2, sort) (line g3 p3, sort)
(function y=x ,range(0 1))

Hope this helps,

Philippe

the system manager.