st: Stochastic Frontier Analysis Model Support

From   "Pavlos C. Symeou" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stochastic Frontier Analysis Model Support
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:32:31 +0100

Dear,

This inquiry is about Stochastic Frontier Analysis (SFA) using panel data. I know that people generally occupied with SFA estimate their models using specific econometric software for SFA such as Limdep (developed by William Greene) and Frontier 4.1 (developed by Tim Coelli). The fact that these software are distinct is also depicted in the model specifications they can support. Reading through literature someone can realise that there is a vast array of models that can be estimated so long as the software allows this. I need to know which SFA models are supported by STATA 10 SE (beyond models already discussed in the manuals (5 pages only for such an extraordinary method for econometric analysis)). I also need to know if and how one can estimate multiple-output multiple-input models with STATA 10 SE.

Thank you in advance.

Pavlos
*
* For searches and help try: