st: RE: mata stata() parameters

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mata stata() parameters
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:25:07 -0400

Date functions are in Stata 9.2. There is no need for Mata.

For example,

.. di c(current_date)

.. di month(d(`c(current_date)'))
8

You can store this in a macro as

.. local mth = month(d(`c(current_date)'))
.. di `mth'
8

Thomas J. Steichen
[email protected]