st: RE: RE: ivreg2

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: ivreg2
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:51:24 +0100

Mark,

Thanks for your answer. However, something stills puzzles me. Why would we interested in uncentered statistics if we do have a constant in our model? When STATA computes uncentered statistics, is it not taking into account the constant we explicitly introduce in our model? I thought that uncentered statistics were only used when a constant was lacking in the model.

Thanks again.

Marta.

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Schaffer, Mark E
Sent: Wed 22/08/2007 19:34
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: ivreg2

Marta,

It reports both because sometimes people want the centered R-sq and
sometimes they want the uncentered R-sq.  Seemed the easiest way to
program it and still give users statistics they might find useful.

Cheers,
Mark (co-author of ivreg2 along with Kit Baum and Steve Stillman)

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes

> Please access the attached hyperlink for an important
> electronic communications disclaimer:
> http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/secretariat/legal/disclaimer.htm

<<winmail.dat>>