st: RE: RE: Problems posting a message

From   "Raoul Reulen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Problems posting a message
Date   Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:44:53 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 28 June 2007 20:51
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Problems posting a message

To amplify what Maarten said, this kind of post and "This is a test; please
ignore" posts are somewhat unnecessary.

As has often been pointed out, two easy and painless ways to see what "got
through" are by noting that

1. Every post that gets through is recorded in the archive.

2. Every post that gets through will come back to you as a list member.

You're ruling out problems with formats other than Plain Text. That only
leaves mysteries that no one can explain. Only the other day one of mine
disappeared too and I couldn't explain it either.

Minimal "testing, testing" messages won't trigger the filter problem, so
they don't explain anything either way.

David Winter