RE : st: RE: Pair-variables and creating a new dataset

From   Myriam Nourry <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE : st: RE: Pair-variables and creating a new dataset
Date   Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:10:12 +0200 (CEST)

good afternoon,

I am analyzing the convergence of pollutant emissions
between 74 countries.

A possibility is to check the presence of a unit root
in the ratio emissions/mean of emissions. However,
this analyse has some drawbacks.

Therefore, it is better to analyse the presence of a
unit root in each pair (emissions of country i -
emissions of country j).
This study is based on the paper of Pesaran (2007) " a
pair-wise approach to testing for output and growth
convergence", Journal of Econometrics, vol 138, pp.
312-355.

Tahnk you for your help.
Myriam Nourry

--- Nick Cox <[email protected]> a �crit�: