Re: st: selection and clustered s.e.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: selection and clustered s.e.
Date   Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:15:57 +0200

More comments:
1) xtfevd (from http://www.polsci.org/pluemper) estimates a three stage panel fixed effects vector decompostion model that allows for the inclusion of time-invariant variables and efficiently estimates almost time-invariant explanatory variables within a panel fixed effects framework
2) it's quite long, but you can have something like -xtheckman- by using -xtlogit- and taking the results as inputs to -gllamm- (from ssc), then you calculate predictions with -gllapred- (same package), and finally you use them as weights in -xtregre2- (from ssc). [The use of -gllamm- is necessary because predictions from -xtlogit- assume u_i=0; the use of -xtlogit- is preferable because -glamm- may be quite slow]

Nicola