RE: st: correlation constant and independent variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: correlation constant and independent variables
Date   Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:45:17 +0100

Roger's main point seems to me to be on target.

On a detail: The problem with a constant
is that it has zero variance, and that
makes its correlation with anything else
indeterminate, or undefined, depending on
how you want to think of it. Zero
covariance is itself not a problem. In
other words, the difficulty is in the
denominator, not the numerator.