Re: st: RE: Power calculation for Beta/Odds Ratios in logistic regressionmodels

From   Nico Hutter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Power calculation for Beta/Odds Ratios in logistic regressionmodels
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:08:32 +0200

Thanks for the advice. We will try that.

Best wishes

Newson, Roger B schrieb:
One possibility is to use the -powercal- package, downloadable from SSC. In Stata, use the commands

ssc describe powercal
ssc install powercal, replace

to do this.

More about the use of -powercal- (including an application to logistic regression) can be found in the -powercal- manual (distributed with the -powercal-
package as an ancillary file), or in Newson (2004).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. Generalized power calculations for generalized linear models and more. The Stata Journal 2004; 4(4): 379-401. Download pre-publication draft from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/papers.htm

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute