st: xtabond

From   "Jing Tong" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtabond
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Stata users

Is anyone of you using (happen to know about) the xtabond (arellano-bond
linear, dynamic panel-data estimation) in Stata? I need your help very
much.

I want to have arellano-bond estimator in my panel data analysis. I know
the xtabond does the job, but, when I used it in my stata programming, it
always gave me the wrong message. For example:

. tsset prov time;
       panel variable:  prov (unbalanced)
        time variable:  time, 1978 to 1998, but with gaps

. xtabond g_lypcc pop100cr a_pol inst, lags(2);
timevar (time) may not contain missing values when option full is
specified
r(451);

I have no idea what's wrong and what I shold try next. Could you please
help me to figure it out? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Jing