Re: st: RE: mlogit problem with "predict"

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: mlogit problem with "predict"
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:28:10 +0100 (BST)

--- Sheela Athreya <[email protected]> wrote:
> The idea that maybe I have an (almost) perfect prediction occurred
> to me too, but I don't know how to investigate it. Perhaps there is
> an equivalent test to -tab tax pc- that allows me to look at
> quantitative variables for anything that is off?

One option is to look at dotplots:
dotplot pc1, over(tax) median
dotplot pc2, over(tax) median
dotplot pc3, over(tax) median
dotplot pc4, over(tax) median

They give you simultaneously an idea about the strength of the
association and the number of observations in each category.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam