st: NLOGIT in Stata 10

From   "Stephan Brunow" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: NLOGIT in Stata 10
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:54:38 +0200

Dear all,

since the nested logit gets a bit easier in data handling, we are triing the following. (Hopefully, now I make all right in posting ☺)

webuse restaurant, clear
nlogitgen lev1=restaurant(R1: 1 2, R2: 3 4 5, R3: 6 7)
nlogitgen lev2=lev1(N1: R1 R2, N2: R3)
nlogittree  restaurant lev1 lev2, choice(chosen)
constraint 1 [N2_tau]_cons=1
constraint 2[R3_tau]_cons=1
nlogit chosen distance rating cost || lev1: kids || lev2: income || restaurant:, noconstant case(family_id) constraint(1 2)

We probably face the problem of a degenerate nest. However, we still get the error message:

"at least one alternative of vkms is contained in muliple alternatives of profiles; this is not allowed"

and do not know how to deal with it.

Do you have some advice?

Thank you very much in advance,

Stephan

---
Stephan Brunow
MSc. in Economics und Diplom-Verkehrswirtschaftler
Professur für VWL, insb. Makroökonomik und Raumwirtschaftslehre/Regionalwissenschaften
Institut für Wirtschaft und Verkehr
Fakultät für Verkehrswissenschaften „Friedrich List"
Technische Universität Dresden
D-01062 Dresden

http://tu-dresden.de/regionalscience

Phone: ++49-(0)351-463-36806