st: RE: calculating cumulative exposure

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: calculating cumulative exposure
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:44:54 +0100

Others have addressed the question of efficiency,
advising the use of -by:-.

Expanding one comment made elsewhere and making
another:

1. -sort id- could be a little dangerous if
you have no time variable. You should check
out the -stable- option.

2. Just in case it is not clear, your code
below is incorrect as well as inefficient.
It will only give correct answers for
the first three observations. Perhaps you
meant it as a sketch, but programmers tend
to take code literally....

Raoul C Reulen