st: Missing F statistics are fine. They are not a problem

From   Renuka Metcalfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Missing F statistics are fine. They are not a problem
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:09:56 +0100 (BST)

Thanks. With the estimates being very different to
what it was when all hires were included, should
surely suggest that firms with < 5 employees were
excluded. I have not done only -merge-. I merged it in
the way I have been doing it for  along time. I can
assure you it is the right way.
I am convinced that my estimation is correct. Thanks
for you help anyway.

-- Renuka Metcalfe wrote:
>Yes, it was successful. But my estimates are
different
>to when I had included all new hires. Does this
>suggest that it has deleted firms which had hired 5
or
>less employees?

If all you have done is -merge-, than Stata hasn't
deleted anything.

Tell us exactly how you merged, and how you checked
that the merge was successful, and how you estimated
your model. Give use the exact commands you typed.

Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081