RE: st: RE: Postfile results of the adjust command

From   "Patrick Musonda" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Postfile results of the adjust command
Date   Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:58:08 +0000

Dear Maarten,

Thanks a million!, it seems to work the way I would like it.

Patrick.

From: "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: st: RE: Postfile results of the adjust command
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:50:46 +0200

--- Patrick Musonda wrote:
> I am using stata 9, I was wondering whether anyone knows how stata stores
> the results after the adjust command so that we can postfile them later.

Stata doesn't store any results after -adjust-. You'll probably have to
write some code that does whatever you want -adjust- to do and save the
results. If you are using a model other than -regress- you have to take
care to take the means of the predicted linear predictors first and than
transform them to the desired metric, in order to exactly reproduce the
results from -adjust-. See the example below and (Buis 2007)

*--------- begin example ------------
sysuse auto, clear

reg pri mpg
adjust ,by(rep78)
predict xb, xb
levelsof rep78
local levs "`r(levels)'"
foreach i of local levs {
sum xb if rep78 == `i'
}
drop xb

logit foreign mpg
adjust ,by(rep78) pr

predict xb, xb
levelsof rep78
local levs "`r(levels)'"
foreach i of local levs {
sum xb if rep78 == `i', meanonly
di %9.6g invlogit(`r(mean)')
}
*------------ end example --------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

M.L. Buis (2007), "predict and adjust with logistic regression",
The Stata Journal, 7(2), pp. 221-226
A prepublication draft can be found here:
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/wp/logit_adjust.html

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis