st: Graphs by and different axis scales [Stata 9]

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphs by and different axis scales [Stata 9]
Date   Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:37:45 -0400

I am plotting a two-way graph of varX and varY by years (4 years):

. tw scatter varY varX, by(year)

Y varies so much across the 4 time periods that Stata assigns a very large range of variation to Y, say from -100 to +100 for all four years. For any given year, the variation in Y is much less than -100 to +100, so I would like to have a year-specific axis range. An obvious way of doing this is to compute separate graphs for each year:

foreach y in 1 2 3 4 {
tw scatter varY varX if year==`y'
}

Nevertheless I would like to have the four graphs in a single object (.eps). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Rafa
*
* For searches and help try: