st: RE: dependent as denominator on the RHS

From   "Nachbar, Dirk" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: dependent as denominator on the RHS
Date   Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:12:37 +0100

Vu

It seems you want to regress R on E/R. Rearranging you actually regress
R on sqrt(E). So I would test which of these regressions gives you a
better fit.

Gen roote=sqrt(e)
reg r roote
reg r e

Dirk

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of VU HOANG NAM
Sent: 26 June 2007 02:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: dependent as denominator on the RHS

Dear statalisters,

May I have a question regarding using dependent variable as a
denominator of one independent variable? I have searched your site but
could not find a clear answer. To be specific, this is my model:

Revenue: dependent variable
Export ratio= Export / Revenue: independent variable

I treat "export ratio" as an endogenous variable and expect it to have a
positive effect on "revenue".

Could you please tell me if I will be criticized to make my model like
this?

I have cross-section data. Can I just use normal endogenous model to run
or is there any better model?

Thank you very much for your precious time.

Yours sincerely