Re: st: adoupdate error

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: adoupdate error
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:15:26 -0500

Kit Baum <[email protected]> replied:

> I just encountered this error. The Stata 10 installer asks whether
> you want to copy your ado directory to /library/application support/
> Stata on the Mac OS X platform. I said yes, I did. It did not do the
> copy, though, and none of my user-installed adofiles worked, nor did
> adoupdate; it gave the message above. Once I manually copied ~/ado to
> that directory, everything worked fine.

A FAQ has been put up at http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/mac/personalado.html
which describes how to fix this minor problem.  It only affects Stata 10 for
Macintosh so users of Stata for other platforms (and versions of Stata for
Macintosh prior to Stata 10) should not be concerned.  This problem is
unrelated to the one Nikolaos Kanellopoulos had.

-Chinh Nguyen