st: Re: windows vista

Subject   st: Re: windows vista
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:02:50 -0400

Windows Vista tries to protect you from the big bad world out there -- which apparently includes any application that wants to update it's own files and is installed under the "program files" folder. I resolved this problem by installing Stata under c:\Stata9 instead of c:\program files\Stata9.

Michael Blasnik

p.s. good luck trying to find and disable off all the new "features" in Vista -- eventually you can actually make it usable ;)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vicente Lima Cris�stomo" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:58 AM
Subject: st: windows vista

Please,

could anyone tell if stata 9 works fine in windows vista.
the installation was quite fine,
the same happened when installing xtabond2 ( "ssc install xtabond2" ).
after that I made some regressions and it seemed fine.

however when making update all, I found the error message r(603) as you can see:

thanks in advance for any hint with that.

best regards
Vicente
4. examining files
5. installing files