st: Re: Stata 9/10 compatibility

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Stata 9/10 compatibility
Date   Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:06:13 -0400

There is no reason for me to change the existing contents of the SSC archive. No one, to my knowledge, has trouble downloading .hlp files from within Stata using the ssc command. The only problematic case involves Windows users trying to use a 'real' web browser to download .hlp files. But we already strongly dissuade such behavior (and encourage operating system upgrades). As Nick Cox suggests, it will be easy enough, for new additions to SSC that do not _require_ Stata 10, to include both .sthlp and .hlp in their package files. As it stands now, many contributors to SSC are unable to email .hlp files (even within .zip files) to me. I encourage them to now adopt the .sthlp convention when sending me materials (Nick has been using .shlp for some time, but he will now switch to .sthlp).

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html