RE: st: RE: Graphs, pull out random values at peak interval

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Graphs, pull out random values at peak interval
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:05:22 +0100

I don't see where the randomness enters in that
case. Perhaps you just want 25 in the middle
of each panel.

In that case, there are numerous slight variations
on this recipe:

by group, sort : egen maxtime = max(time)
by group : egen mintime = min(time)
gen middletime = floor((mintime + maxtime) / 2)
gen byte select = inrange(time, middletime - 12, middletime + 12)

programthatanalysesyourdataandtellsyoutheirmeaningandgivespublishableresults if select

I assume time measurement on successive days, labelled
with integers.

Knag Anne-Christine