Re: st: CONSTRAINTS_EXCLUSION RESTRICTIONS

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: CONSTRAINTS_EXCLUSION RESTRICTIONS
Date   Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:49:00 +0100 (BST)

--- Ojakaa David <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am trying to solve two simultaneous equations using the bivariate
> normal distribution. The first equation is for fertility intentions.
> The second is for contraceptive method choice, and includes fertility
> intentions as a right hand endogenous variable. This is my syntax:
>
> xi: biprobit (i.Int = i.v0013 i.Faith i.Heduc i.Weduc i.v0101 i.land
> Educopps assets Lchild i.water i.sanitation i.fpmessage i.cbd
> i.hosp15 i.hcentre15 i.disp15 i.matnhome15 i.clinic15) (i.cuse =
> i.v0013 i.Faith i.Heduc i.Weduc i.v0101 i.husb i.Int i.fpmessage
> i.cbd i.hosp i.hcentre i.disp i.matnhome i.clinic) [pweight=wv005]
>
> How do I make exclusionary restrictions i.e. include land, Educopps
> in the Intentions equation, equate them to zero in the second
> equation (cuse)?

The easiest way to do that is to just literally exclude them, i.e. do
not name them in the cuse equation.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

PS. using all capital letters is considered by some as the e-mail
equivalent of shouting and is not recommended.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam