Re: st: Update to -estout- available from SSC

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Update to -estout- available from SSC
Date   Wed, 30 May 2007 16:16:12 +0200

Well, there is a list of changes in a file on my computer. It would
need some work before I could share this. However, I am preparing a
small website for estout and I somehow like the idea to include a page
containing a list of changes. The website will probably be ready in a
month or so.

Concerning @hline and style(smcl): @hline just prints a series of
"characters", as is described in -help estout- (the name is not
particularly well chosen, I have to admit; note that @hline had been
introduced before the appearance the smcl style). Whether this
actually looks like a line or not is in the hands of the user (see the
-hlinechar()- option). You are right: the correct way to do this in
smcl is to not use @hline and specify "{hline @width}" instead.

ben

On 5/30/07, Michael Hanson <[email protected]> wrote:
On May 30, 2007, at 4:21 AM, Ben Jann wrote:

> An update to the -estout- package is available from the SSC archive.
> There was a silly bug in -esttab- that caused the -fixed- mode to
> abort with error. To install the update, type
>
> . ssc install estout, replace
>
> or use the -adoupdate- command.

        Ben:  thanks yet again for the update to -estout-, which I have
found to be a nearly essential package to install.  Is there a place
one can find a list of changes / revisions to the package (perhaps by
date and/or version number)?

        Separately, one small "bug" (in my opinion):  -style(smcl)- draws
dashed (hyphenated) lines when @hline is used, rather than the SMCL-
style lines mentioned in the help file.  (The dashed lines seem
appropriate for -style(tab)- or -style(fixed)-.)  I do note that the
work-around you suggested earlier on the list, to use -"{hline
@width}"-, still displays the desired SMCL-style lines.  Thanks!

                                        -- Mike