Re: st: stata9.0 and 9.2..clustering?

Subject   Re: st: stata9.0 and 9.2..clustering?
Date   Tue, 29 May 2007 16:10:22 -0400

alessia matano--
Did you read -help whatsnew- as Nick advised?
You would have seen
--update 15sep2005--
(30)B.  xtreg, fe and xtreg, re produced cluster-robust VCEs when the
panels were not nested within the clusters.  In some cases this VCE is
consistent, and in others it is not.  You must now specify the new
nonest option to get a cluster-robust VCE when the panels are not
nested within the clusters.

Here is a better way to report a "problem," by the way-- use data that
is available to everyone and report exactly what you typed, without
ellipses (also as Nick and the FAQ already advise quite explicitly):

webuse grunfeld, clear
gen reg=com if t<5
replace reg=10-com if t>=5
xtreg mval inv, fe cluster(reg)