st: re: time series query

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: time series query
Date   Mon, 28 May 2007 17:23:38 -0400

Rich asked

I have no idea whether what he is talking about can be estimated in
Stata; I have looked at the TS manual and don't see anything about
state space models.

Thus, the prime question is whether Penzer's technique can be
estimated in Stata? A secondary question is whether Stata can
be used to estimate general state space meodel?

To my knowledge Stata has no facility, either official or user- written, for state space modelling. Could it be done? Yes, especially as state space techniques are usually written as various linear algebraic expressions, and doing that in Mata would be straightforward. But it has not been done (and without Mata it would be a bear).

Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/