Re: st: bootstrap with overlapping clusters

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap with overlapping clusters
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 13:24:17 -0400

Nick, please provide more details about your problem: I'd like to know: what the target population is, how the sample was drawn, what defines the clusters, and in what way they overlap. Also, what questions do you want to answer with the bootstrap--do you want simple descriptive statistics for subpopulations or do you want to do make comparisons, do modeling, or all of the above. If you are working with an established survey, is there a document which suggests an analysis setup (not necessarily in Stata)?

I suspect that you have a panel study in which different households? firms? rotate in and out, so that the overlap is in time--but I await your answer.

Steve