Re: st: ksmirnov

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ksmirnov
Date   Tue, 15 May 2007 10:30:29 -0500

David Airey <[email protected]> writes:

> I have found that this test assumes random sampling. I had someone
> attempting it with multiple measures within animals.

> While I'm on this topic, I found a note in the Statalist saying that the
> implementation of ksmirnov is faulty for discrete data. As far as I can
> tell, it has not been fixed, despite Stas and Ben asking:

On March 8th, I posted to statalist saying a fix to -ksmirnov- would be
available in the next ado update.

Put simply, there has not been a Stata 9 ado update since then.  The timing
of Stata updates is determined by many factors, one of them being whether
we've had enough items accumulated in the queue to justify the update.  The
logic behind that is that it is better to have a few updates with several
items than many updates with only 1 or 2 items.

That being said, it has been too long since we've updated Stata 9.  We'll
be posting an ado update (that includes the fix to -ksmirnov-) sometime later
this week.

--Bobby