st: 3499 error message for xtabond2

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: 3499 error message for xtabond2
Date   Sat, 5 May 2007 09:25:39 -0400

sacrificial lamb

Esmer reported doing

I am using Stata 9.2. I wanna use xtabond2 command. I updated Stata using the commands:
' update executable(contacting http://www.stata.com)
Executable update log
1. verifying "O:\program files\stata9\" is writeable
2. downloading new executable
New executable successfully downloaded
Instructions
1. Type update swap
update swap
no; data in memory would be lost
r(4);

Read and heed the error message, first of all. You did NOT install the new executable; you just downloaded it. Get the new executable in place, quit Stata, and start Stata again. When you do Mata should be able to locate the library of routines associated with xtabond2. I have had a similar thing happen in the past in terms of needing to rebuild the list of Mata libraries.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/