Re: st: Regresssion with pairwise deletion of missing data

Subject   Re: st: Regresssion with pairwise deletion of missing data
Date   Wed, 02 May 2007 15:03:12 -0500

At 10:34 AM 5/2/2007, Maarten buis wrote:
--- [email protected] wrote:
You can get a pairwise correlation matrix using the -pwcorr- command
and from that (and the standard deviations) derive the the regression
coefficients.

As you already say you know, there is a good reason why it hasn't been
implemented (and why I don't feel like implementing it): it isn't a
good way of dealing with missing data, it is actually worse than
listwise deletion however unintuitive that may seem (Allison 2002).
If you are bound and determined to do it anyway, after using pwcorr you can use corr2data to create a dataset you can then use regress with. I don't know how SPSS decides on what the N is though. The procedure is described on pp. 8-10 of

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats1/OLS-Stata9.pdf

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]