st: ST: sureg

From   "Arin, Kerim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ST: sureg
Date   Wed, 2 May 2007 12:52:09 +1200

Hi All:

It seems like sureg command works even with one equation (sureg y x).
I was not aware that Zellner's SUR can work with only one equation,
rather than two, therefore I assume that one-equation case corrects for
the correlated errors by using an instrument. Am I right? If so, which
instrument is it using? I would appreciate it if anyone leads me to a
more technical discussion, or explains what the estimation command is
doing.

Cheers,
Peren

K.Peren Arin, PhD
Senior Lecturer of Economics
Department of Commerce
Massey University
Private Bag 102 904 NSMC
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone : (64-9) 414-0800/ ext 9278

Research Associate
Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA)
Canberra, Australia