st: RE: panel regression with switching by id?

From   "Lisa Neidert" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: panel regression with switching by id?
Date   Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:28:55 -0400

Albert,

Swapping rf to second base opened up an outfield slot.  It has gone to a senior who has mostly been used as a pinch runner her whole career at UM.  She's a left-handed slap hitter.  She was not real successful in getting hits, but she could lay a bunt down over and over and always made contact with the ball this weekend.  I don't really like slap hitters, but sometimes when players are striking out a lot, I'd prefer that they try and bunt (for practice when they need it) and to see the ball.

Pitching is the key in softball.  It is important in baseball as well.  The difference there is that you can't keep using the same starter over and over.

I'm glad to see the Yankees struggle.  I would hate to follow a team that churned through as many players as they do.  In fact, most folks were ready to ship Durbin back after his first lousy outing.  Leyland was giving him 5 starts and I think you have to do that.

-Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] on behalf of George Hoffman
Sent: Mon 4/30/2007 1:49 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: panel regression with switching by id?

dear statalisters -

i'm resending this with more detail in hopes of any help-
i have a panel time-series data set, i=id, t=time
i am trying to do a regression of two indep vars on one dep var. the basic
form will be:
Zi = aXi + bYi + ci

however, X and Y were measured with two different instruments, whose
identity is not in the database. instrument 2 has a fixed ofset from
instruemtn 2, such that
X2 = X1+10  and Y2 = Y1+10
for all t within i, the measurements were made with the same instrument

i would like to fit the first general equation, and determine whether each
id best fits instrument 1 or 2.
i have read switchr but i don't think this fits.

any help is appreciated,

thank you

george hoffman

<<winmail.dat>>