Re: st: How to test heteroskedastic and autocorrelation in fixed effect model.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to test heteroskedastic and autocorrelation in fixed effect model.
Date   Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:16:07 +0200

Looking at
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/petersen/htm/papers/se/se_programming.htm
can provide you some suggestions about how to correct the standard errors in panel data analysis (briefly, in your case it seems that you can solve all of your potential problems by clustering on the id variable).
Also:
- it's ok to use -xttest3- for the heteroskedasticity
- I'm not aware of the limitations using -xtserial- with FE. Try -pantest2- from ssc; it produces (1) Test for serial correlation of residuals [See B.H. Baltagi "Econometric analysis of panel data" (Wiley, 1995), pp. 93-100], (2) F test for significance of fixed effects [ibidem, p.12], (3) Test for normality of residuals

Nicola