Re: st: Appropriate use of -forvalues- and -foreach- commands

From   "Sebastian F. B�chte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Appropriate use of -forvalues- and -foreach- commands
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:57:02 +0200

Kristin,

interesting idea but I do not think that it will work. Let say a 100
subjects work in building in ten. Let also say subject no 7 is the
subject one of interest and he/she also works in building ten. Now,
five co-workers are chosen and three of them do also work in building
ten. Then Carter would be interested in the mean of x for those three
co-workers. Your approach, Kristin, will give the mean of all subjects
working in building ten and not the mean of the co-workers enumerated
in that list of max. five subjects in the same building.

Regards
Sebastian