st: Murphy-Topel (1st stage: Ols, 2nd tobit)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Murphy-Topel (1st stage: Ols, 2nd tobit)
Date   Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:15:55 +0200

Dear Stata-listers,

We are currently trying to compute a Murphy-Topel variance estimate for a two-stage model. The first stage is an OLS-model. The second stage is an upper-limit Tobit model, which includes the residual obtained in the first stage. We are wondering if somebody had an idea on how non-programmers can implement this in Stata? We have already tried to adjust the procedures suggested by James Hardin (Stata Journal (2:3)) and Arne Hole’s article on “Calculating Murphy-Topel variance estimates in Stata: A simplified procedure”.

Thanks for your consideration,

Chris

--
Chris Thomann