Re: st: mysureg's noconstant option

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mysureg's noconstant option
Date   Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:58:22 -0500

Woolton Lee <[email protected]> ran the code I suggested, but it didn't work:

> Thank you for your reply and solution.  I tried your code and STATA still
> indicates that the options are not allowed.
>
> .         local eq1 lncom_vc lncommm lncomq lnphys lnhosp lnadm lnoth
> >                 lnami time lncommmsq lncomqsq lnphyssq lnhospsq
> >                 lnadmsq lnothsq lnamisq timesq tlncommm tlncomq
> >                 tlnhosp tlnphys tlnadm tlnoth tlnami lncommmlnhosp
> >                 lncommmlnphys lncommmlnadm lncommmlnoth lncomqlnhosp
> >                 lncomqlnphys lncomqlnadm lncomqlnoth lncommmlncomq
> >                 lnphyslnhosp lnphyslnoth lnphyslnadm lnhosplnadm
> >                 lnhosplnoth lnadmlnoth lnamilnhosp lnamilnphys
> >                 lnamilnoth lnamilnadm lnamilncommm lnamilncomq
> >                 othexp_ind;
>
> .         local eq2 phys_shr lnhosp lnphys lnoth lnadm lncommm lncomq lnami
> time;
>
> .         local eq3 hosp_shr lnphys lnhosp lnoth lnadm lncommm lncomq lnami
> time;
>
> .         forvalues x = 1/5 {;
>   2.                 mysureg (`eq1', noconstant)
> >                         (`eq2', noconstant)
> >                         (`eq3', noconstant)
> >                         if _j == `x',
> >                                 cluster(cocode)
> >                                 constraint(23-30);
>   3.         };
> options not allowed
> r(101);
>
> Perhaps I am running a version of mysureg that is not up to date?

Sorry about that Woolton.

I recently made some changes to -mysureg- due to a private email conversation
I had with a Stata user.  The current ado-file for -mysureg- does not allow
the -noconstant- option, but I have one that does (with an improved help file
too).  Tomorrow morning I'll upload the new -mysureg- code to the download
site for the 3rd edition of the ML book; I'll also announce when it is ready
on Statalist.

--Jeff