Re: st: Jackknife with clustered survey data

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Jackknife with clustered survey data
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:42:54 -0500

If you are interested in technical details, you should check Krewski &
Rao and Rao & Wu original papers:
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/785133,
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/774883, or Shao's review:
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/1036970. The way I am
thinking about the resampling methods, and jackknife especially, is
that they are taking small steps around the maximum of the likelihood,
trying to get a feel of the surface around that max, and then it does
not matter much whether the weights/unequal prob of selection are used
or not: it would change the structure of those small steps, but won't
change things conceptually.