Re: st: stcompet and delayed entry

From   "raoul reulen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stcompet and delayed entry
Date   Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:16:09 +0000

Hi Enzo,

Thanks for your reply. So am I right that stcompet can handle (left)
truncated data as long as it is defined in stset?
For example, if I stset the data as you said:

.stset age_x, fail(fail==1) enter(time age_e)

and most persons become at risk at age 0, but a few people enter risk
and age 20, and thus have a delayed entry, then
the latter persons don't contribute to the cumulative incidence before
age 20? Is that right? Thanks a lot.

Raoul

2007/1/29, Enzo Coviello <[email protected]>:
At 21.17 29/01/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to calculate the complement of the Kaplan-Meier and the
>cumulative incidence in the presence of competing risks. However,
>several subjects in my cohort data are left truncated (delayed entry)
>so the number of subjects at risk actually increases first and then
>decreases.  I first stset my data as:
>
>stset age_x, fail(fail) time0(age_e)

Hi Raoul,

you should declare in -stset- wich is the main event:
stset age_x, fail(fail==1) enter(time age_e)

where fail==1 marks the main event.

Then -stcompet- can be used without special syntax to estimate
cumulative incidence:

stcompet CumInc = ci, compet1(2)
where fail==2 corresponds to the competing event.

Enzo