Re: st: Survey data - using linear test and the nosvyadjust

Subject   Re: st: Survey data - using linear test and the nosvyadjust
Date   Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:45:38 -0500

Jason--
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "linear test" here, but (1)
you should not in general use -nosvyadjust- but it seems to make no
difference in your case; I suspect your weight variable is always near
unity, and your stratum variable takes on one value; (2) one model is
the chi-2 "test-of-independence" and one is a test of equality of
proportions; (3) I would use regression techniques here, and a joint
test, I'm guessing, but it's not clear what your counterfactual is
supposed to be; in any case, looking for overlap in confidence
intervals is emphatically a bad way to test equality, especially of
proportions.