st: negative and positive maximum likelihood ratios

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: negative and positive maximum likelihood ratios
Date   Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:04:42 -0700

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between a negative and a positive maximum likelihood ratio. My intuition tells me that a 'negative' MLR is one that is less than 1 and a 'positive' MLR is greater than 1 but I cannot find anything that describes these terms.
As a second request: how does one calculate these ratios when doing logistic regression. I know that you can test the ratios using lrtest but how can one actually calculate the ratio.
Many thanks in advance.

Don Spady
*
* For searches and help try: